Hair transplantation involves removing a band of hair-bearing scalp from a ‘‘donor site’’ around the scalp (the crown), which is then divided into tiny pieces to be relocated to a bald or thinning area. The transplanted hairs will not fall out as they are removed from an area where they have been genetically programmed to last for a lifetime.
The results achieved are esthetically natural and effective making the procedure undetectable as any scars will be invisible. Your transplanted hair may be combed normally.
At our clinic, we perform mega-sessions (90 grafts) which correspond to an average of 3000 hairs transplanted.
The surgery : is carried out in the operating theatre under local anesthesia with a sedative, under proper monitoring and the supervision of an anesthesia specialist.
The technique is safe as the patient’s own hair is used (auto-transplantation) to eliminate any rejection risks.
* Step 1 : Hair removal from the ‘‘ donor area ‘’ using the strip technique. The strips are taken from the back of the head where hairs do not fall (genetically programmed to last a lifetime ). The incision is then closed with stitches that would fall out within 10 days, leaving a discreet scar easilly conealed by surrounding hair. The session lasts around 45 minutes.
* Step 2 : The strip is cut into tiny grafts ( micro-grafts).The grafts differ by size and shape depending on the area to be covered , the patient’s goal, hair color and and texture from donor site. In the meantime (2 hours), the patient is resting in his/her room.
* Step 3 : Grafts are transplanted into thinning areas, taking great care to ensure the transplanted hair will grow in a natural direction. Micro-grafts (follicular implants) may contain 1 to 3 hairs.
At our clinic, all three stages are carried out by the surgeon himself in order to avoid any waste of grafts, achieve optimal hair transplantation. We therefore do not perform more than one micro-graft a day.
Duration totals 6 hours for the surgeon and 3 for the patient.
After the surgery
Side effects are usually simple and painless:
- * The recepient area can be camouflaged by its own hairs,
- * The donor area is sufficiently concealed by hair from the crown,
- * Gentle hair washing is possible, even recommended, within 24 hours Following the treatment.
Before hair growth resumes, within a few weeks, scab will appear at the transplanted areas and then progressively fall off.
The outcome is visible within 4 weeks, permanent within 6 weeks.
Side effects : Swelling may occur at the forehead and occasionnally the eyelids. Temporary numbing can also be experienced. Though complications are rare and rather exceptional when the surgery is performed as required, temporary cysts may appear requiring local antiseptic treatments.
For our foreign customers, the surgery is performed on an inpatient short stay basis ( 72 hours ), allowing for a consultation the first day, transplantion the second and a check examination the third day.
For one mega-session, we offer a package at 1700 euros, including the clinic / hotel stay. Several sessions are required in case of large areas of baldness.